One day I was standing in line and I overheard a woman behind me talking about Pinterest. This lady couldn’t wait to get home so she could spend some time pinning.
I totally understood how she felt, and a lot of pinners feel this way. Pinterest is fun and chock full of interesting things.
Pinterest has an additional meaning for bloggers, entrepreneurs, and small businesses, though. That’s because Pinterest is a great way to drive traffic, build your email list, and increase your income.
But, as fun and as valuable as it is, if you’re on Pinterest for your business, then there comes a time when you’ll want to hire some help.
So, how do you know when it’s time to hire a Pinterest virtual assistant?
1. You’ve realized that Pinterest is one of the main sources of traffic to your website, but you don’t have the time to pin.
Pinning takes time, but the great thing about pinning is that you don’t have to be the one to do it. You can turn over your pinning to someone like me, and use that time for things only you can do for your business.
2. You have a Tailwind subscription, but your queue is sitting there empty, because you don’t have time to fill it, or you don’t have time to learn Tailwind.
Tailwind is fantastic for pinning consistently and often. But, you have to use it, and you have to know how to use it.
3. You’re spending too many hours on Pinterest, and it’s taking away from your business.
It’s easy to start pinning and then get sucked down the rabbit hole. Before you know it, two hours have gone by. You’ve learned a lot of great things and your brain’s swimming with ideas, but you didn’t get some of your work done (like writing that blog post, ahem).
4. Your time could be better spent on other tasks for your business.
Some business tasks require your direct involvement. For example, if you’re a business coach, is your time better spent coaching a client, or pinning? If you’re a blogger, is it better for you to spend your time crafting an email with your personal insights and knowledge for your fans?
Focus on the tasks of your business that specifically require you, and hand off pinning to a VA like me.
5. You don’t have the time to keep up with the latest algorithm change.
Pinterest changes a lot. Sometimes it’s a temporary change, and sometimes it’s a new, permanent feature that’s being rolled out. When these changes occur it can be concerning, and it can take time to figure out what’s going on. You can take the time to do that, or you can hire someone else to worry about all of that.
6. You have blog posts. But, you don’t have Pinterest-optimized graphics for those posts, or the time to make them.
Why couldn’t Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and even WordPress all agree to use the same image sizes?! Arg! And, why do they have to keep changing them?
I hear ya! And this is one of the ways a Pinterest virtual assistant can help – by making those lovely pin graphics for you.
7. You’ve discovered that you don’t like Pinterest, or you’re tired of pinning.
That’s totally fair. If Pinterest isn’t your thing, then it isn’t your thing. But you should still enjoy all of the great traffic that Pinterest can bring.
Interested in working with a Pinterest virtual assistant?
I’m a Pinterest fan, and a Pinterest virtual assistant (I know, you’re surprised 😲). I’d love to hear about your business, and find out how I can help your with Pinterest account. Contact me or take a look at my Pinterest services.